Sunday, April 01, 2007

Rejoice!!!

Even though 2007 has had a lot of sadness in it so far, there are still at least one or two reasons to rejoice.

For instance, in about ten minutes BASEBALL SEASON BEGINS!!!

It's been a long wait.

And once again, the Cubbies have a little hope. Granted, this hope may not last long. I think last year hope lasted all of eleven games, until their best player went down hurt. But it's nice, as the season begins, to know that they at least have a chance. This could be the year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also excited about my fantasy baseball teams. I always hate the normal names people come up with for their fantasy teams. There are about four normal variations, all of which are either boring or stupid:

1. The Fan's Favorite Team - This is the most boring type of name. The fantasy team owner just names his/her team after his/her favorite team, with some slight variation. I'm currently up against these teams: yankee, mets, tigers, Cubbies '07, BLUEJAYS, gatorfan227, Longhorns, Astros in '07, and others. I couldn't be less impressed.

2. The Scatological Reference - They just try to do something gross. I'm only going to subject you to two of these: poop and poohole. Those are the tame ones.

3. The Drug Reference - They name their team after the drug of choice: Anabolic Beeroids, Brewhass, grass, and weed.

4. The Sexual Reference - This is probably the most popular. They use the teamname to intimidate everyone with their sexual prowess: BIGBALLS, hardknockers, got balls?, morning wood, Sexual Chocolate, and backdoor slider_32. I'm just going to stop there.

I guess there's a fifth category, but I'm about the only one who uses it. That category would be the Non Sequitur.

I'm proud of my team's names: the pacifists, lettuce leaves, chester alan arthur, Lou Dobbs, i love you, hopefulness, living, cantaloupes, Martyrs, Amalekites, cranes, and snapple.

I, no doubt, am going to win all of my leages.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Will Raz said...

Im sorry John but...
lettuce leaves = 3
cantaloupes = 4
Lou Dobbs = 2
So you are only angry at yourself.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger John Pierce said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger John Pierce said...

I must say, Will, you do have a point. You would think, as a former English major, that I would have caught that. I'm evidently losing something.

I'm glad you didn't include Lou Dobbs among the sex references.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home