Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Adventures in the Kitchen

Believe it or not, I can cook a little. I can follow a basic recipe, and I don’t eat too badly. It’s sort of funny that several people at the school are convinced that I’m practically a chef, but I’m certainly not that. I’m just proficient enough.

Usually.

Tonight, I got hungry and decided to scramble myself a couple of eggs. That’s pretty well all I had in the house. Plus, what is difficult at all about scrambling eggs?

So, I did what you do scrambling eggs and at the end decided to sprinkle just a bit of dried, chopped onion in there.

Here’s where the problem comes in: Shaking chopped onions out of their container makes a sound.

It’s a pleasant sound. You can make sort of a rhythm to it, and I guess I was in a happy mood from the inauguration today, so I got caught up in the rhythm I was making by pouring out the onions.

Shh-sh-sh-sh-ssh-sh-s-s-s.

Catchy, isn’t it?

So yeah, after somewhere between thirty-seconds to a minute (way too long), I realized that I had equal parts chopped onion and eggs. These were the strongest scrambled eggs ever made.

But I’m a guy. I ate it anyway with tons of extra jelly to neutralize the onion. I’ll have to brush my teeth two more times in the morning to be able to go to work. It sufficed though.

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Dried, chopped onions? There's your problem! Cut up a real onion. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home