Saturday, January 17, 2009

Properity Gospel

So, the other day, my sister and I were talking on the phone. I’ve applied to a couple of Ph.D programs, but of course, I’m not entirely sure that’s the direction I want to head next. You’ve just got to apply now to have that option later on. I’d called Kalyn to tell her about a semi-promising email I’d received from one of the schools.

Anyway, Kalyn got to reflecting on me moving somewhere, and she said, “I know this may sound slightly trite, but it’s true that when one of those big decisions comes around God seems to let you know where to go…”

That’s normal. But then, she finished.

“…with the money. He will just show you the money.”

I concurred: “Yep, that’s how it’s worked for you: Starve or move to Frisco. Starve or move to Kentucky.”

I think that’s when we both realized quite how horrible the conversation was, and we started laughing.

Me again: “You'd think we were people who listened to Joel Osteen.”

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are nuts, but we love nuts.
Mom and Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home