Monday, June 13, 2005

Yesterday, Bush came out to say that the allegation that the US prison at Guantanamo is the modern-day gulag is "absurd."

Who should I believe? Should it be (1) the Nobel Peace Prize winning organization Amnesty International or (2) the guy who said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? This is also the guy who has allowed for the US to begin developing nuclear weapons again, who okayed torture, and who allowed Karla Fay Tucker to die and then mocked her afterward.

I think I’ll take number one.

It will always baffle me that Christians continually act with so little mercy, with so much cruelty, and with so little regard for the truth. And I still don't know what to do with this type of behavior from Christian leaders. How, under the Christian banner, does one go about changing things? It’s difficult to remain under that same banner when it’s those people waving the Christian banner most highly who seem to be the trouble? How do you maintain fellowship with people that you disagree with so fundamentally? I’m still trying to figure this one out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home