Saturday, September 10, 2005

Repentance

I went this morning to visit my cousin out in prison. One of the perks of getting a visitor in prison here in Lubbock is that you are allowed to have a soft drink if the visitor buys it. My cousin isn't allowed to have a coke otherwise. So, of course, as soon as my cousin came out, I went to buy him one of his beloved Dr. Peppers. I put in the sixty-five cents and pushed the button. Then, I put in another sixty-five cents for myself a drink. Then, I reached for the drinks, and there were three. This machine had given me two Dr. Peppers for the price of one.

And that's when I repented. To all you coke machines out there, I apologize for all those terrible things I wrote yesterday. I now know that you're not all bad. Your just like me. You have your flaws that you wish you could fix. I'm sure that every time you take my money without giving me a drink, you don't mean to. And if I would just listen to you, if I just had the patience and the ears to understand your humming, I would know that you didn't mean to take my money. It was just a little glitch that happened, like what happens with all of us. You didn't mean to do it, and you would give me back the money if you could. Coke machines, I'm sorry. And thank you.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what I want to know is who got the extra Dr. Pepper? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home