Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Ladies Do Love Me...

When I lived in Abilene, that whole city would be overrun intermitently by a different insect. I've seen plague-like infestations of termites (the flying kind), stink-bugs, and crickets. And crickets.

Now I'm in Menard, and I'm getting to see a new insect infestation that I hadn't really expected. Ladybugs. They are everywhere. I just counted twenty-five on my bedroom light. And there are plenty more all around the rest of the room. On the curtains, on the tv, around my lamp, climbing out of the air-conditioner, on my bed. Everywhere. It's odd. I remember that ladybugs used to be a rare sight that we would be excited about because they were pretty rare. No longer.

The odder thing is that they're only in my bedroom. Nowhere else in the house. They're drawn to me. It's a little strange, though I guess it could be worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home