Friday, December 30, 2005

The Cranes Win!!! The Cranes Win!!!

One of my fantasy football teams, the Cranes, has officially won its league championship. It was an awesome victory. The team started off strong with three very tight wins, and then, they went into a slump, dropping three games in a row. They rebounded, however, to play their best football at the end of the year, and we ended up in first place (barely) going into the playoff tournament. We won both games there in landslides. Next year, the Cranes will get to compete in a winners league.

My other team, the Martyrs ok. We lost the first three games, but then, it looked as though the team would resurrect itself when we went on a streak, winning five games in a row. But it wasn’t true. The Martyrs were really pretty dead. They got fifth in the league, not quite good enough to get into the tournament. They did will the last game of the consolation tournament, but alas, it was too late. I’m sure they’ll rise again next year.

2 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You moved back to Abilene! Where are you living? I guess you can e-mail me and tell me, if you don't want everyone who might stumble across your blog (or one of your students whose obsessively in love with you...c'mon...i'm sure there are a few) to know where you live.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger John Pierce said...

Yup, I'm back in Abilene. I won't post my address here, but I'll email you or call you sometime to tell you where I am. And I can tell you about all the students that are desperately in love with me, too (though I'm afraid some of the more obsessive ones may have my phone tapped).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home