Monday, January 02, 2006

Resolutions Again.

That time. I’m putting my resolutions here because this is, theoretically, a public arena. I’m making these resolutions here so that whoever reads this can help (or force) me keep them.

I have a lot this year. They are all important, so the numbers don't necessarily matter.

1. During this coming semester, read through the Bible three full times. (This one shouldn’t be too difficult since I’ll have some free time. (Skimming genealogies allowed.)
2. Pray more. (This is the constant resolution.)
3. Decide all that seminary stuff. The details. (…)
4. Lose a little weight, or at least, change that weight into more muscle. (I gained about twenty-five pounds in grad school (I’m now app. 180-185), which puts at about the weight I think should be at. The problem is that too little of that is muscle weight. I’m going to exercise a good bit more and eat better next year.)
5. Survive my sister’s wedding. (This may be the most difficult one; I’m not a huge fan of social gathering, at least not when I’m at all in the spotlight (even in the very tip edge of it.))
6. Blog more. (I’m serious about this. I’m going to blog more, just to keep myself writing. This means that the quality of posts will get even worse, but that shouldn’t matter much.)
7. More volunteer-type stuff.
8. Keep one-day-per-week of Sabbath rest. (And my sister and BJ better be doing this one, too.)

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Your sister's getting married?!?!?!? When did I miss that memo?

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Does she need a photographer? :-)

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Miranda said...

Good luck!

I never make resolutions. I just don't think about it. I have plenty to change, but the year's changing won't change me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home