Sunday, June 25, 2006

A Girl's Life...Installment One

I hadn't realized, you know, that Cary Gay's little get together for Kalyn's bridesmaids was this weekend, so I hadn't asked off from work. Mom and Kalyn said, though, that Cary Gay would be devastated if I didn't show up. So, in their opinion, I had to go.

So, I had to go.

So it goes.

So anyway, I asked off from work: "I had a little thing that I was supposed to go to this weekend that I didn't know about, so I was wondering if you thought somebody could cover for my shift on Saturday." To which the manager replied, "Maybe." So, I had to explain further. I briefly thought of telling a bit of a story like my grandmother having surgery, but I'm a horrible liar, so I figured the truth would have to do. "My sister's getting married this summer, and Saturday's a little event getting ready for it that I'm supposed to be at, and I thought it was next week." He looked at me, quite unpersuaded. "It's the bridal luncheon. It's a little tea partyish thing that all of the bridesmaids have to be at, and I'm supposed to be standing on my sister's side at the wedding, and so I'm sort of a bridesmaid, or man, and so they all say I'm supposed to go, and..."

That's when my manager's sense of humor kicked in. Had it been another grandmother having a surgery, I probably would have gotten to go. The idea of me having to go to a dress-up luncheon with only women and try survive in an atmosphere with toxic levels of estrogen saturating the air, however, is (I have to agree with him) funny.

So, I had to go.

So it goes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA... bridesman... AAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home