Monday, June 19, 2006

This afternoon, I was driving home from work. I was going 70 mph which is the speed limit.

I looked ahead of me on the road, just as you are supposed to do when you are driving, and I saw a bunch a flashing lights.

I was not being stopped by cops or anything.

And no UFOs were in sight.

Or flaming chariots.

Instead, it was a firetruck up in front of me. I sort of slowed down and checked around me to make sure there were none behind me coming that I would need to pull over for. There weren't; there was just the one up in front of me.

I kept driving slowly, around 60 mph. We were on the highway.

And I kept gaining on it. I kept going 60 mph, and I pulled up right behind it. And it was going somewhere, you know. It's sirens were blaring, and the lights were flashing. And the dude was going like 45 mph on the highway. I thought about passing the truck, just so that I could say that I passed a firetruck on its way rushing to some sort of fire, or wreck or terrorist attack or something. But I'm chicken and am not too, too stupid.

So I just followed the truck for several miles until they finally took an exit. Then, I sped up about thirty miles per hour and got home pretty quickly.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a firetruck huh? I was kinda hoping for at least a flaming chariot personally. *grin*

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Emerald Lemmons said...

you know you witnessed history right? 45 mph is like the maximum speed a fire truck can go before all of its rivets pop out and the truck becomes a major catastrophe en route to yet another major catastrophe. Consider yourself honored...lucky...do you have shrapnel insurance?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home