Tuesday, May 30, 2006

This is a strange world.

Yeah, that Hastings thing. It didn't last too long.

I worked over the weekend, but I'm quitting tomorrow.

The reason is that I got another job at Kirkland's. This job isn't going to be a whole lot better, but it does pay more, and it will be less stressful, and they may actually train me (as I'm pretty sure Hastings wasn't going to do). So, I'm working at Kirkland's now.

I was there today, talking with one of my bosses, a female who's a couple of years younger than me.

Her: "So I'm going to Cisco [Junior College] now."

Me: "Oh really, how do you like it? I nearly had a job there."

Her: "It's fine. What job did you nearly have?"

Me: "I was offered a job teaching English classes there. I turned it down since I didn't think I was going to stay in Abilene through the fall."

Her: (Obviously shocked) "I'm taking English in the fall."

So that was the deal. Had I taken that job, I would have worked this part-time job this summer, and she would have been my boss. Then, in the fall, she could have been in my class.

This is a strange world.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home