Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Employed

Things did work out on the job front, it seems. I didn't get job number one after all (I was runner-up), but that's ok. As KM pointed out, the interview process told me a couple of things about them that I wasn't sure I was going to like anyway. I'm not broken-hearted.

Job #2 worked out in the end. It's going to be sort of a hybrid thing. I'll be half teacher, half librarian at a little high school south of Abilene. It should be a good spot for a little while. I'll probably write about the job a good bit more once it gets started. I think it'll be fine. I'm not quite sure where I'm going to be living yet.

But anyway, I just thought I'd let you know.

4 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and BJ both on the jobs. I am happy for you both! Take care and hope everything goes great for you.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Kayla said...

Yay! I think you'll enjoy working at a small school. And, yeah, as far as employers go, "job #1" is not so great. You would probably end up frustrated with all the bureaucracy (it seriously took me 10 tries to get that word right; I need to go back to school).

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger KM said...

Congrats, John! Looking forward to hearing more when the time comes.

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, sorry I'm seeing this late, but congrats!!! Sounds like a nice blend of duties so you're not just teaching all the time (which we both know can get really exhausting).

A high school, huh? You're a brave, brave guy... ;-).

Tam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home