Monday, June 16, 2008

The Abilene Book Sale is wonderful. I got a lot of books this weekend for cheap.

Here they are, in the order I'm excited about owning them:

1. Wesley for Armchair Theologians - William Abraham
2. Barth for Armchair Theologians - John R. Franke
3. Maxims - La Rochefoucauld
4. The Thanatos Syndrome - Walker Percy
5. Hannah Coulter - Wendell Berry
6. The Way of the Pilgrim
7. the Song of God: Bhagavad-Gita
8. Memento Mori - Muriel Spark
9. A House for Mr. Biswas - V.S. Naipaul
10. Ceremony - Leslie Marmon Silko
11. Fool's Crow - James Welch
12. Cathedral - Raymond Carver
13. A Town Like Alice - Nevil Shute
14. Nine Stories - J.D. Salinger
15. Labyrinths - Jorge Luis Borges
16. A Good Man is Hard to Find - Flannery O'Connor
17. The Poetry & Short Stories of Dorothy Parker
18. The Garden Party - Katherine Mansfield
19. Four Quartets - T.S. Eliot
20. Thomas the Rhymer - Ellen Kushner

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger KM said...

What an awesome reading list; looking forward to the reviews. :-)

Am especially curious how your Texan soul will receive Naipaul! I didn't get to read much of him in college but I'm sure our friend AS would engage you on his work.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger John Pierce said...

I was proud of this list.

And I haven't read Naipaul yet either, though I'm interested. I nearly read A Bend in the River a couple of years ago but didn't. I'll let you know what I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home