Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tonight, I was talking to Dad on the phone about the choice of Biden for VP (I like it, by the way--he's been a long-time favorite).

Anyway, at the end of the conversation, Dad revealed that he's a little worried about how invested I am in the campaign. He asked, "So, what do you think you and Kalyn will do if McCain wins?"

Immediately: "Move to Europe, maybe to heav-- Canada."

He laughed, and we hung up the phone.

But then I started thinking...

Maybe I shouldn't leave the country, especially to Canada...

After all, chances are awfully high that if you're not in America come '09, McCain's probably going to attack you...

------------

In other election news, I got my new Obama t-shirt yesterday, and I am really happy with it (my last one was too small for comfort--I've given it away).

Anyway, I hurried up and washed it so that I could wear it today--Saturday.

I'd read an anonymous email that warned that wearing Obama merchandise on a Sunday might burn off your flesh.

On the bright side, the email noted, an Obama shirt worn on Sunday in moderation could get rid of unsightly back hair. I've not got a big problem in that area, though, and so I'll just play it safe.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Emily said...

You should change your little profile picture to say "Obama" instead of "John." Seems like it would be a more accurate representation that way. :)

By the way, have you ever read The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy? I'm almost finished with it and have enjoyed it immensely. It seems like a book you should read if you haven't already done so.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger John Pierce said...

I would call myself an "Obamajohn", but that could really sound gross.

I actually have read The God of Small Things, a couple years ago in college, and I really liked it, too. I sort of need to read it again, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home