Monday, July 04, 2005

I took the following survey and thought it was pretty interesting. I'm not quite sure that the survey was right in naming me "Emergent/Postmodern," but I'm not very surprised either. I must confess that I'm still fairly ignorant about that whole movement. I've read a book or two of Brian McLaren's, but that's about it... I am a bit surprised that "Evangelical Reformed" came up so low on the list, but the survey maker and I probably had pretty different definition. Anyway, thought you might be interested to see this and perhaps take it for yourself.

(By the way, sorry for the font color. It would have been a bit too much work to change it (and I'm not sure I could have figured it out anyway)).


You scored as Emergent/Postmodern. You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern

86%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

75%

Neo orthodox

71%

Roman Catholic

50%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

46%

Classical Liberal

43%

Modern Liberal

39%

Reformed Evangelical

29%

Fundamentalist

14%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

2 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Emily said...

That's so funny that you posted on the same survey I just took yesterday! I scored predominantly Evangelical Holines/Wesleyan.

50% Roman Catholic and 46% Charismatic/Pentecostal?? Did you switch denominations sometime in the past two years and not tell me? :-)

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I haven't changed denominations!!! Why in the world would any Church of Christ person ever change denominations when we've found the One True Church?? :-)

That is strange that you took the same survey as I did on the same day. As for the Catholic and Pentecostal thing, I wasn't too surprised that the survey came out with them so high. I started reading a lot of Catholic mysticism a while back (Julian of Norwich, St. John of the Cross, Thomas Merton, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, etc.), and they probably influence me enough to up those scores on the survey a bit. But that's about it. I'm still not planning to become the Pope when I grow up, and I doubt I turn into another Matt Ramirez (though I bet being a little more like Matt would be pretty fun (or funny at least)).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home