Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I Have a Tick in My A**.

It sucks.

The other day, I was taking my afternoon shower when something just wasn't right. I had been scrubbing my backside with the rag when I felt something tug. Usually, there are hairs that will pull a little bit, but this was something a little worse. So, I felt back there, and I knew exactly what it was. For decades (two of them), I have been plagued by ticks. I don't get them often because Menard isn't that bad about ticks, but when I get them, they're in the worst places. Believe me, finding a tick in my buttocks was not the worst place I've ever found a tick (though I'll not tell that story).

Anyway, removing it wasn't going to be easy. If it were in just the top part, it would have been like getting a shot, and I would have sought out help. It wasn't in the top part, though, and I was definitely not going to get help. Nobody was going to touch this place but me (and I would definitely rather not).

So, I went to my room, and I collected all the equipment I needed to get rid of the tick. I set up an elaborate system of mirrors, cotton balls, rubbing alcohol, a few pulleys and rope, and a single pair of tweezers. Then, I went to work.

I will leave out the details of the struggle that took place that day, but I will say that it wasn't pretty. And it was very painful, and I'm hoping that I can soon block this whole episode out of my mind. But after about twenty minutes, the first battle was over, and it was declared a draw. The tick fought valiantly and lost its life, but despite it all, he did not die in vain. I didn't get the tick's head out. If I don't get something like Lyme's disease or Rocky Mountain fever, I'm guessing I'm the winner. But for now, the fight goes on. I'll keep you informed on how it turns out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home