Sunday, June 19, 2005

Today was just a pleasant day. I just thought I would write that. I tend to use my blog to complain about things (which makes for terrible reading). My blog is usually where I vent when I need to vent. I’m not really all that negative a person, though still, I probably shouldn’t need to vent as much as I do. And I should definitely be more thankful for everything I’ve got.

Anyway, it was a nice day. I woke up, and we gave Dad his gifts for Father’s Day. I got him a subscription to Sojourner’s Magazine, so I didn’t have an actual gift there to give him, but he had a few things from Mom and Kalyn to open that were nice.

Of course, what Dad really wanted was food. And we knew that. There’s not much that Dad loves more than food, so we let him choose where to eat. Normally, there’s no such thing as a choice of where to eat in Menard on Sundays (with only one restaurant open), but we needed to do some errands in Brady, so he got to choose from the Brady restaurants also. He went for the real gourmet cuisine—Kentucky Fried Chicken. So, after church we drove over to Brady, ate, did the errands, ate some more (I bought everyone ice-cream), and came back home. Along the way, we talked some, read some, and I bothered Kalyn just like always (pinching your sister’s nose while she’s trying to swallow a drink of her milkshake works every time). And Mom and Dad got onto us just like they always have. This consists of Mom flippantly telling Dad, “Get onto your son,” and Dad halfheartedly saying to both of us, “Now, y’all’r going to get hurt” and not even looking in the backseat. They were always terrible at disciplining us (which I think helped me out a lot more than it did Kalyn).

Then, we all got home and took naps. That was probably the best part of the day.

Later, Mom and Dad took the pickup over to Eden to see Grandma and get a barbeque cooker from her. While they were gone, I snuck down to the bank that Dad and I mow, and mowed it all. It was sort of a Father’s Day gift, getting the mowing done before Dad got back, but it really wasn’t much of one. I love mowing, and enjoyed it all today. It’s the perfect excuse to get some thinking out of the way (in other words, to daydream).

Then, the Spurs came on, and it was one of the best basketball games I think I’ve ever watched. I love watching both of these teams play, and I particularly like seeing the Spurs win. And the way they won it!!! (I never exclamation marks, so that should tell you something) Ol’ Big Shot Bob as always (though I didn’t much like his heroics when he was playing for the Lakers) made the last-second shot in overtime to pull out the win. I can’t wait until the next game on Tuesday.

And then, the day was done. And it was good. And I think I’ll sleep well tonight.

1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally think your parents (mom especially) did a very good job discipline (misspelled) you and your sister. You turned out to be very good people (most of the time).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home