Monday, August 22, 2005

Free Books (and other stuff too)!!!!!

I recently became aware of a really wonderful website that I'd recommend highly. It's put together by the Bruderhof Communities, a remarkable group of Christians who truly strive to embody the principles of peace, faith, justice, community, and simplicity that Christ preached. I've recently had my attention drawn to the theologies of the Mennonites and Anabaptists, and Bruderhof is largely influenced by Anabaptist theology. I definitely think that Christianity in our culture should look a little more like the Bruderhof communities.

The Bruderhof website has two features that particularly interest me. Of course, the English major in me loves that they offer a lot of FREE E-BOOKS!!!!!! Seriously, they're totally free. You don't even leave an email address. And they're wonderful books. I downloaded a collection of Tolstoy's short stories of faith, Walking in the Light. Oscar Romero's The Violence of Love was there, and there were a lot of wonderful Eberhof Arnold selections. All of these were on my Amazon Wish-list, and now, I get them for free (it's even legal). These are classic devotional books that a lot of people would love.

Secondly, there's the "Daily Digs." Bruderhoff sends out an inspirational quote from major Christian thinkers every morning. They do a really fine job of it.

I just thought I'd pass this along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home