Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Playin' Da Foosball Like a Real Nerd

I just got my fantasy football team. I'm such a dork. Back in high school, I was obsessed with sports, and during my undergrad days, I thought I was getting over it. But then I got to grad school, and nothing at all about life was sane except sports, so now I'm a bigger fanatic than ever, and this summer I finally joined the real sports nerd fanatics and started playing fantasy baseball, and now I'm starting fantasy football. It's pathetic (though at least I don't pay for my league). Anyway, I just got my team and my league, and these are the team names of my competition.

Chaos (really original)
shwag (I'm sure this is another one of those curse words I haven't learned yet.)
Ky Steelers (more originality)
Cocks (plural?)
piropup (Seemingly, there's a "pyro" team in every league.)
Ummmm Beer (I'm sure my biggest competition.)
KENTUCKY KRUSHERS (I can't figure out if this person hates Kentucky or is from Kentucky.)
patriots1989 (more originality)
Booker T Killer (this guy must be really old)

And of course my team name: Martyrs

I kind of like the contrast and the excuse for losing. I always thought that ACU should have honored our Christian heritage and called themselves the Martyrs, but since they never picked up my idea, I'll just keep using it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home