Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'm getting scared. You know how it is. You have a large challenge coming up in the future, and it doesn't seem like a big deal for so long, and then, it suddenly hits. Well, it finally hit me today that I'm actually teaching three sections of freshman composition. And not only am I in charge of three freshman classes, I was also today put in charge of six other freshman instructors. I'm the person who's supposed to make sure these instructors' grading and classroom practices are working within the system. That's a very strange position. Several of the people in my group are far more experienced than I. I'm the lowly not-even-received-a-master's student who's supposed to oversee several near Phds. It's strange. And, of course, I can't stand the composition system we have here anyway. So it goes.

I'm also a little excited, at least about the teaching. I've been trying to think of cool ways to start the class. I'm a little frustrated that I didn't get the book I'm teaching out of until this week (AAAAAAARrrrrrrggghhh!) and haven't been able to prepare much. It's going to be a lot of work, but I think I'll like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home