Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Not Bad

It's been a surprisingly good day. It shouldn't be surprising that I had a good day; most of my days are good, even though I complain about them. This one should have been bad, however, and it ended up just fine.

You see, I stayed awake all night writing a paper. I hadn't slept any the night before. Then, this morning, I sort of finished the paper and hurriedly prepared a lesson plan which I thought would be a disaster. I took a quick shower to wake me up and rushed to school.

And then the good things started. My quicky lesson plan was actually quite a success, at least in the second class. We were talking about voice, so I pulled a bunch of poems from my everywhere (especially from the shinnery from acu), and I had them do dramatic readings in class, and we discussed the voice of each poem. I thought they would hate me for making them read in class, and read poetry at that, but they seemed semi-interested. Some of them had fun with it. And is was fairly useful. It did last a lot less time than I had expected, and I let them out early, to the delight of all. It wasn't bad.

Then, I got back to my office and checked my email, and guess what. The professor that I stayed up all night writing a paper for decided to move it back a week. I wish that would have been done a lot earlier, but I do now have time to make it decent. I do have a version finished of it, but believe me, it's nothing I'm proud of. I was happy that I could fix it so that I wouldn't embarrass myself.

Then, I went to class. I could barely stay awake, but it passed. And then, I got back from class, and guess what. Tomorrow's my birthday!!! It hit me around five today; I had been too busy to care otherwise. And I'm actually getting to do some decently cool stuff. I'm missing my classes for the rest of the week (!!!), and I'm getting to visit my sister and friends in Abilene. Also, I'm going down to Baylor to check out their seminary; it's their preview weekend. That scares me but excites me too.

So anyway, it's been a full week and will be fuller as it goes on. It's not bad though.

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But the best on Friday, when you see your great parents!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home