Saturday, January 28, 2006

I just found another reason to love Abilene more than Lubbock.

The vanilla ice-cream cones at McDonalds, to which I have had a near-addiction since my freshman year in college, cost me only 70 cents in Abilene, as opposed to the $1.05 I was forced to pay back in Lubbock.

That thirty-five cents can add up. Believe me.

This, in addition to having a better traffic system, less dust, cheaper groceries, more trees, a better library system (I’m such a dork), decent churches, more movies, better parks, and no composition administrators makes this a pretty habitable place.

4 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight: you would take .35 cents per ice cream over 39 mph gusts here in Lubbock? Strange.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger John Pierce said...

Ah, the Lubbock wind.

You would never know it, but every once in a while, I will go without wearing a cap and glasses. I'll comb my hair and wear contacts.

You would never know it, though, because in Lubbock that wind would turn my combed hair into an instant fro and my unprotected eyes into a reddish goo. So, yeah, I lived in glasses and a cap.

I don't miss the Lubbock wind much.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to the Dork comment especially after you commented to your own post.

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we're all dancing around that very last bit. Go John go.

S.e.R.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home