Friday, February 24, 2006

Well, I added a little something to the blog.

I read a lot. I've not read as much as usual so far this year, but I generally read a lot, and as anybody who knows me knows, I like to recommend books and generally share (or force) my love of books with people.

So now, right under the profile, will appear a picture of the book I'm currently reading. I'll update this as regularly as I start new books. Clicking on the picture will take you to its Amazon page.

Also, underneath that picture, is a link to a list of the books that I've read during this year. I've been keeping track this year just out of curiosity over how many books I typically read per year. I've, of course, also rated how much I enjoyed each book.

Feel free to comment on that page or recommend books to me.

2 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I know you have a goal of reading all the Pulitzer prize winning novels, and I wondered if you'd gotten around to reading William Kennedy's Ironweed. Just wanted to hear an opinion, cuz I disliked it pretty thoroughly... don't know what's wrong with me, but I just didn't find the book to be particularly moving or redemptive or any of these other qualities it was supposed to have. I did just finish Myla Goldberg's Bee Season, however, which I thought was a remarkable book. Any thoughts?

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger John Pierce said...

You know, I actually started Ironweed one time (the Pulitzer Prize thing-which I'm not doing very well on at the moment), and it was really dark, and I didn't feel like reading something that dark at the moment. So I didn't. I saw it on one of those top 100 book lists recently (I think it was for Christian lit), though, and was thinking about reading it sometime soon. I'll let you know if I do. I bet I agree with you on it though.

And I've actually heard of Bee Season. It looks really good. I may just read it, too (since I'm not doing much else at the moment).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home