Saturday, March 25, 2006

Three's Company

It’s a long story, but a couple of weeks ago, my sister was informed that her roommate was moving out. That left Kalyn in a bit of a quandary. She had two weeks to either (1) start paying for her two person apartment and ruin her bank account before getting married, (2) find a new, affordable single-person place for only four months, or (3) find a roommate for the next four months. The first two of these would be impossible to accomplish. The third one would be possible if she happened to have a big brother living in the same town as she.

So, as always, it’s me to the rescue.

But there was one other problem. I couldn’t leave my apartment. You see, I’m renting this little, dumpy, ugly apartment from a really nice little old lady who I’ve seen quite hurt when tenants have broken their lease. I refused to break my lease from the old lady (Kalyn was on a per-month lease, so she wasn’t breaking one at all). Plus, I’m a little attached to the place.

So, we just finished moving the last piece of Kalyn’s stuff into place in my apartment. We were a little shocked when we got the boxes and bags of things moved in and it covered the floor of the whole apartment. But after two days of organizing and enduring the heavy strain of stuffing way too much stuff in the single closet and then trying to close the door, and after giving several pounds of clothes away and filling up a small storage unit, and after making a few small sacrifices (such as the ability to shut doors because otherwise an extra bed wouldn’t fit into the apartment), everything’s in, and we can walk around sort of.

So now, the only thing left to do is to get used to it. Me, my sister, and her evil cat Tony together for four months. It should be great fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home