Sunday, May 21, 2006

Well, I've not had much to say recently about myself. That's because nothing's happining.

That's my update. I'm waiting.

I've gotten applications in. Lipscomb called me even before the references were in to accept me. They're trying to get the money together to get me to go there. They're definitely offering me everything they can get me, but since they're a pretty new program (though a pretty good one it seems), they're not able to do too much. It's looking like I'm going to be staying at ACU, and I think that will be ok.

The problem. ACU isn't a sure thing yet. The problem. I applied for English grad school there several years ago. I was accepted, but I cancelled and went elsewhere. So, the graduate school has had me on file as a cancelled application. Because of that, they would get my new materials and put them under the old non-active file. So, everything's in, but they hadn't ever taken a look at my application packet. I went over and got that all fixed, but now the professors in charge of everything are out of town (or the country). So, I'm waiting. It sounded to me as though the grad school people didn't think acceptance or funding would be any sort of issue, but it'll be a while 'til I know.

I also can't seem to get a job. I have just been looking for summer work, but people don't seem to be looking to fill their part-time positions with people who have a Masters degree. And I can't make myself hide my degrees on applications. So, I'm just waiting on that, too.

I let you know when something happens. For now, I'm going to watch more 24.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home