Monday, February 26, 2007

Last week in my Greek class during break, I was talking to a friend, when from across the room, I heard a fellow say quite loudly, "Of course I'm not watching the Oscars!!! What straight guy, who isn't forced to watch it with his wife, would ever watch the Oscars!!!" This fellow was evidently single (and, I'm sure, will make one heck of a minister someday).

I didn't speak up, since I was in a conversation, but I am a straight guy who LOVES the Oscars. I have for years. Me and my sister watch it and quite enjoy doing so.

I enjoyed watching it again this year, over at my sister's place with several friends.

My favorite moment of the night:

You see, my sister and I usually do not just watch the Oscars. We usually always do our ballots, too, beforehand, and then the Oscars are a competition. We were busy this year, though, and didn't get around to making out our ballots, so no competition. Neither of us was overly distressed at this break in tradition.

Our friend Em, however, did seem a little bothered when she saw that Kalyn and I weren't keeping score this year, after doing so for so long. She, slighly flustered I guess, said, "I think this is bothering me more than you. It's like the world doesn't make sense anymore." That idea sort of bothered me for some reason.

So, I thought for a moment and eventually said, "I guess the only thing more constant in this life than Pierces keeping tradition is Pierces forgetting things." It was true, and all seemed right with the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home