Thursday, January 25, 2007

Reminder #28

Today, I needed to do some homework. So, I naturally was seeking anything I could do that would distract me from the thing I needed to do. I decided to clean my refrigerator. After all, it hadn't been cleaned in a year.

So I cleaned it. At first, I couldn't tell what all was in there. I have this habit of just putting all of my grocery bags in the refrigerator, rather than taking stuff out of the bags, and then putting it in there. So, the bags were blocking the view of everything. I cleaned them out.

It was pretty bad. I found a tomato with green sprouts of some sort growing out of it. It was oddly pretty, the colors of Christmas. I also found some smaller tomatoes that had dried out and bounced like ping-pong balls. I found some milk-based soup in a little tupperware dish that I would have liked to have kept. That soup wasn't moving, though, so it all got thrown away. I found three half-jars of pickle slices from when my sister lived with me for four months. She likes pickles. I found all of my missing catsup bottles. I don't have to beg for extra packets at Sonic anymore (I was sick of buying more and more catsup). I found some coffee creamer that had an expiration date from 2005. I don't have any clue how that in here, seeing as it was already a month into 2006 by the time I moved here.

And last, but not least (in fact most), I found five three-fourths empty milk cartons. I don't know how that many managed to fit in there.

It took three full trash bags (large ones) to get it all to the dumpster.

So reminder-to-self #28:

Clean out the refrigerator more often than once a year.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger KM said...

I'm not sure which part to be more impressed about: your breeding two new types of tomato in your fridge, or your actually cleaning it all up!

;-)
KM

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Rehkmira said...

i have a similar habit with the grocery bags. about half of my food never leaves them until it gets eaten... or rots. i am impressed by the milk cartons, and sadly familiar with the soup. and i think i'll take your reminder to heart and clean out my own fridge this weekend.

mira

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bounced? Did you find that out accidentally or...?

Em :)

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger John Pierce said...

Hey Em,

or...

It felt really hard, and I was curious. Would it bounce or shatter? There was only one way to find out...

The outcome was pretty cool, but still part of me was a little disappointed.

:)
John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home