Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Funny Thing

Funny thing.

I got cable TV today. It's already set up.

It's sort of strange how it happened, especially after all of the frustration that went before.

I decided this morning to call the first company I'd called several weeks ago when I was trying to get set up. They'd gone three days in a row of not showing up when promised. Still, they seemed by best chance of getting some sort of set-up before the end of the month. I called the company, and the woman I talked with told me they'd try to set me up today, since the men would be in Winters today, but if they weren't able to do so, they'd call me and reschedule for next Tuesday.

Sounded good enough.

Sure enough, I was called at 2:00 this afternoon and told that they'd not be able to set up my cable. They didn't know whether they'd be able to do my house at all, in fact, since I had to have them come during the afternoon when I could be there. They were not normally in Winters in the afternoons. I got off the phone with the assurance they'd try again next week.

When I got home, however, at 4:00 there were two trucks parked outside. They'd shown up to set things up, despite the call saying they weren't going to be there. I started talking with the two technicians, and (really funny thing) they were not there because of my rescheduling the service this morning. Instead, THE TECHNICIANS HAD NEVER EVEN RECEIVED THE CANCELLATION NOTICE TWO WEEKS AGO. They were at my house because they'd just now gotten around to the original work order that I'd set up over two weeks ago.

I guess it worked out though. I have cable today, and I thought yesterday that it'd be October before anything happened.

I guess, also, that this proves the great value of complaining. As soon as I wrote my rant, things started moving. I'm thinking of writing a book called "The Positive Power of Negative Thinking." I think everyone should have a good curse placed on them.

I'm willing to give you mine if you want it.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Kayla said...

"The Positive Power of Negative Thinking" Ha! I love it! Okay, I'm so behind, I didn't even know you had moved to Winters. How are you liking your job?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home