Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Reminder #37

So, my sister is a great, great cook, and since I've been visiting her the last few days over spring break, she's provided some excellent meals. Much more edible than the formerly frozen semi-food I get at home.

Today, she was going to cook some catfish. When she opened the package, though, the fish smelled slightly funny. Though Kalyn's an outstanding cook, fish is not something she's worked with much, and she just decided that this smell must just be a fish thing, and she cooked it.

We got to the table, and everything looked great. Both BJ and I grabbed small pieces of fish and ate them, and they tasted excellent, and we were all satisfied that everything was ok. BJ, especially, went to town on the fish.

It took a little while until I got back to trying more fish though. When I did, I grabbed a rather larger piece than the first, and something tasted a little funny. I smelled the fish, and it smelled exactly like wet dog. I looked at my feet, though, and one of Kalyn and BJ's dogs, Sienna, was there, and I decided it must just be actual dog I was smelling.

I then bit into a third piece, and something was WAY wrong with this piece. I made Kalyn and BJ smell it, and they agreed with me. One, this spoiled catfish smelled exactly like wet Sienna. Two, that made it awfully scary to eat. We all stopped.

And then, my brother-in-law came up with a true nugget of wisdom, well-worthy for this blog series: "In the future, we should remember to not eat fish that smells like dog butt."

That's something you can take with you.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Kalyn Gensic said...

I married a wise man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home