Friday, August 29, 2008

A Little Bragging

Ok, about a year ago, I happened upon the little ezine Defenestration when I was looking for funny poems to use in class.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it (and found a good bit to use), and I've read it pretty regularly since then.

So, last spring when I wrote that series of stupid, silly poems about me shaving off my beard, I decided, "Heck, I'll send it to Defenestration." I thought that would add another funny story to add to my class, if it so happened to be accepted.

(Tip, if you're teaching English: "Defenestration" is the single best word in the English language, great for vocabulary quizzes. Plus, it's pretty easy to keep your class disciplined when you continually threaten to defenestrate them. Nobody, especially the guys, likes the sound of that.)

So, it was. The editors asked for a funny biography or else they threatened to write one for me. I decided that I wanted to see what they would make up, though I did write back to them the story of the poem's writing.

Anyway, I love the bio they came up with. Feel free to skip the poem. Go read the bio though.

3 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Congratulations, John! That's wonderful. :)

Emily

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Haha! That's hilarious. Congrats! That's a fun little e-zine; thanks for sharing.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger KM said...

Nicely done, John! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home