Sunday, January 13, 2013

Book Goal Update - 1/13

Well, I am a couple of weeks into the year, and I've made a bit of progress on the book list. Specifically, I've gotten three books finished. I'll just reorder them so that the categories I've completes are at the top.


1.  Current Bestseller - For a current bestselling novel, I read Eowyn Ivey's The Snow Child, a novel set in Alaska about a lonely middle-aged couple who forms a child from the snow...who comes alive. It was decent, but it read like a first novel.

2. Thriller - I've been on a big Graham Greene kick for the last few months, and so I decided to read one of his more obscure (though also least popular) novels Orient Express. About halfway through, I thought that I would never be able to consider it as a thriller, despite it being advertised as such, because even though it was well-written, it was just about the sundry relationships developed amongst the travelers on a train. By the end, however, it became a thriller of sorts. And I decided that it was one of Greene's most underrated novels.

3. Popular History Book - I read A Land So Strange by Andres Resendez, about the journey of Cabeza de Vaca through the American Southwest after the Spanish expedition he was on ended in tragedy. It was a pretty fascinating account of a part of history which I, as a Texan, have long been interested in. 

4. Pulitzer Prize Winner - 

5. Trashy Romance -

6. A Vampire Book -

7. Newbery Prize Winner -

8. A book that has or is being made into a movie -

9. A Collection of Poetry -

10. A Shakespeare Play -

11. Biography/Memoir -

12. Comedy -

13. British Classic - 

14. Mystery -

15. Sir Walter Scott -

16. Texas Books -

17. Swashbuckler -

18. The Bible -

19. SciFi or Fantasy -

20. Graphic Novel/Comics -

21.  Theology -

22. Modern Library 100 Novel -

23. Christmas Book -

24. Education Book -

25. Contemporary Children’s Book - 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home