Friday, August 05, 2005

Reminder #7

When you visit Galveston, don’t stay at the Motel 6.


Actually, it can be alright to stay at the Motel 6 if there’s nowhere else to go or if you are on a very tight budget (the reason we stayed there), but do take several precautions:

1. Make sure that you are the only ones booked to stay in your room.

When we showed up to room #125 last weekend, somebody else had beaten us in there, and believe me, this very large, very scary looking fellow that was already there did not seem very happy to see me barge into his room. He didn’t say a word to me, but his glare was awfully painful as he stared through me on my walk all the way back to the car (Kalyn and Mom, sitting in the car, were just about crying from fear at this dude’s look).

2. Kill all the mosquitoes in the room before you go to sleep.

When I first got into our new room (right next to the pool), I noticed several mosquitoes flying around. Later that night, when we got back to the room, I noticed more, and Dad, Mom, and I went after them before they could get us in our sleep (we’re old pros at dealing with mosquitoes). Anyway, we whipped off our flip-flops and smeared those bloody little bodies all over the walls of that room. We counted over forty in about twenty minutes of work. After they were all dead, we didn’t see anymore for the rest of our stay. I know this all sounds terrible, but seriously, killing those mosquitoes was awesome!!! Believe me, this is a fun family activity if you ever need one! We got plenty good laughs and some good pictures out of it. This probably wouldn’t be so fun if we hadn’t been from Menard (where we learned to enjoy these simple pleasures of life), so I wouldn’t recommend this activity at Motel 6 to quite everyone. But if you make this best of the situation, it can be okay.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home