Friday, April 21, 2006

Arch Enemy #4 - Rafael Furcal


This bastard above--Rafael Furcal--is currently the second baseman for the Los Angeles Dodgers. And do you know what he did? He ran into Derrek Lee while Lee was covering first base. And who is Derrek Lee? He is my hero. He's the Chicaco Cubs's best player. He was the hope this year. I say "was" because when Furcal ran into Lee at first, it broke two bones in his hand. Lee is out for two months. The Cubs are basically out for the season.

Sure, it wasn't intentional. Furcal didn't mean to break Lee's hand, and he had to get to the base, and he didn't push Lee or anything. And look at his picture. He's obviously a very holy man. Sort of. He committed the unforgivable sin (if I were God at least, this would be one of them--it's likely a pretty good thing that I'm not God though). He ruined the Cubs' season, the ninety-eighth time in a row that that has happened. After that long, I'm allowed to be bitter.

Of course, this also messed up one of my fantasy teams (fittingly named Boethius).

So, Furcal is #4 on the list of arch enemies.

[This is where I need some sort of catchy threat line that won't get me arrested and sent to Gitmo. Unfortunately, as this entire blog will attest, I'm pretty dull and lazy and am lacking creative bones (much less a creative neurological something or other). So if you have any suggestions, let me know.]

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there ever was any single justification for the hatred of another person. If our passage to eternal life was based on how many people we did not show contempt towards and this was the one situation you chose to show it... this would still not be a good reason.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Rehkmira said...

Please don't make me number five, but, if it's happened 98 times, maybe the Cubs just aren't meant to win. Some things just ... are. I'd say their losing streak ... is. You know?

'Mira

 

Post a Comment

<< Home