Saturday, September 15, 2007

Reminder #31, A Bachelor's Tale

Tonight, I was picking up around my house. Last week was rather hectic so it had gotten into rather a mess (though I’ve been doing much better than in the past of keeping my place neat).

One problem I encountered while cleaning was trying to discern the dirty clothes from the clean ones among those laying in my bedroom floor. This is a normal problem, and I usually resolve it by just washing everything that’s suspect. Tonight, though, I’d already done what I hoped was all of my laundry. I was neither wanting, nor expecting, for this pile to have any dirty clothes in it.

So I decided to sniff.

Technique is rather important when you decide to sniff out the dirty clothes. The sniff must be short, and you should always try first to smell only the most non-threatening areas of the item. For instance, smell the side of your boxers, the top side of the socks. It’s probably obvious, but avoid armpits. Usually, this will reveal whether or not this article of clothing needs cleaning without exposing you to too much risk.

The first sniff (of the elastic) didn’t reveal much though. Hastily (good sniff technique should always be slow and deliberate—except for the actual sniff itself), I moved downward.

Things smelled pretty fine. It wasn’t a soap smell exactly though. It was more of a nothing smell. Absentmindedly, for the most part non-suspectingly, I moved the boxers backward and smelled again.

So, Reminder #31

The third time is not always a charm.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My!!! Just so you don't feel too lonesome it is not Just a Bachelor's Tale. Last week I was talking to a friend (married man with 3 teenage sons) He was in the laundry room doing the same thing...(searching for the clean pile of clothes) But... He forgot an important step. Before the sniff you must use your eyes! He accidentally sniffed his sons. Tooo gross to share but too relevant not too! Deborah

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger John Pierce said...

It's sort of difficult to not share these things, I guess.

It's good to know I'm not alone though. Maybe this is just a guy's tale.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home