Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Ah, funny...or sad...

My parents told me something funny tonight, and it was about me, and it was funny (at least to me), and it was sad (I'm sure this part may have wider appeal).

Anyway, this week American Idol has been on each night at 7:00. My parents know that I like watching American Idol. The problem is that I can never remember to actually watch it. So, my parents are kind enough to call me up every night it's on to remind me. That's sad enough that I can't even remember to turn the show on when I've been looking forward to it all week. It gets sadder, though; tonight, my parents told me their strategy for calling me. They will only call me right at 7:00. They don't call me any earlier to make sure that I get things ready so that I can watch the show. They know better. You see, if they were to call me at 6:55, they've realized I would forget to turn the tv on by the time the show came on five minutes later. It's true. I've done that before where I forgot in those five minutes what I had just been told. And it was rather funny/sad to be reminded of my forgetfulness (I must have forgotten about my forgetfullness for a while).

Ah, me...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home