Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I Want My Mommy.

I wonder if they've done a study on the healing effects of chicken noodle soup. It sure seems to help. I was needing to eat something tonight, and none of the stuff in the house seemed at all appealing to me; the only thing that sounded good was chicken noodle soup. So, I decided to get dressed and make a short trip to the United right down the street. I was feeling pretty good, and I thought it would be a pretty good test to see if I could go to class tomorrow. I didn't really pass the test. Once I got in the store, I started feeling achey again, and I had some short dizzy spells. I got the soup (and candy) as quickly as I could and got back to the house.

The chicken soup made me feel better again. Along with my Mommy (kind of). When I ate the soup, I just imagined that it was my Mommy who had peeled open the can and heated it up in the microwave. Then, I felt ok. Maybe they should do a study on the healing powers of Moms.

In short, I am at the end of this day feeling better. I don't know if I'll go to class tomorrow. The prospect of standing in the cold waiting for the bus sounds not at all appealing, and I'm afraid my fever will go back up in class. I hate to miss another day, but I don't know if I really have another choice. And I really don't want to get anyone else sick.

1 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how your mommy wishes she was there to care for you!
The thing she misses the most about her children flying the coop, is when they are sick. It breaks her heart to hear them so sick and absolutely nothing she can do.(but pray, and that she does)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home