Monday, February 14, 2005

Get Goin'

Well, I'm feeling somewhat better than I was when I wrote last. I stayed in bed all day Tuesday and Wednesday, and I crawled to class last Thursday. Over the weekend, I still didn't feel all that well, and I probably needed to rest. I didn't want to, though. Kalyn (my sister) and Emerald (my friend) came up to visit from ACU, and no matter how bad I felt or how much homework I needed to do, I was going to spend my time with them. I did that, and I don't regret it. It was a great weekend. We mainly sat around and talked, though we also ate some good food and watched a few good shows.

It's left awfully behind, though. So it goes. I finally caught up on some sleep last night (though not enough) which has made me feel better. Catching up on homework, however, is another story. I have a paper due on Wednesday and another one due on Thursday. And I just can't make myself do them. I have felt no motivation to really do much of anything for my classes this semester, and the illness didn't help. I'm just tired of grad school, and I can't seem to make myself get interested in these classes at all. This has never happened to me. Usually, I would be freaking out, but right now, I am just apathetic.

I guess I'll just have to persevere. Maybe something will get interesting before long, but for now, I just have to get these papers done without being interested in them. I don't know how the grades will end up (I feel my first "B"s coming on), but I don't really care right now.

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I have had those days and weeks too. There will be up days as well. When you read this much, you are bound to be alone for large chunks of time and therefore somewhat sad. Hang in there - Q

 

Post a Comment

<< Home