Saturday, February 19, 2005

Ah, the simple things of life...

Well, I haven't updated this in a while. That's mainly because I have been so behind because of being sick last week, and I was working overtime trying to catch up (with a bit of xbox playing thrown in to keep myself sane (though "sane" may not be the most accurate word)). Anyway, I apologize to all of my massive readership out there who have been thrown into withdrawls because of the lack of updates. I'm back on track now, and I missed blogging. I really did. I'd say that about two or three times a day some thought crosses my mind that I think I should blog about. Most thoughts usually don't last until the end of the day when I get my blogs written, but I'm sure there were two or three worthy ones that are now forever lost because I haven't blogged for the last few days. I hope the world can cope with that.

Anyway, do you want to know the most interesting thing that's happened in the last several days? Well, on Wednesday I did some laundry. Basic stuff, a few wash rags, some towels, some socks, and boxers. As usual, I forgot for a few hours to put the load of wash into the dryer (something I think I've done a few times in my life before), but it really wasn't too long. I wasn't even worried at all about the clothes being soured. It had only been 4 or 5 hours. Anyway, the clothes were soured. I washed them again, put them in the dryer, and I stuck another load in to wash. I totally forgot about this load. They sat in the dryer through Wednesday night, all of Thursday, and until about 8 o'clock on Friday. I had no hope for these clothes. They should have soured two days before. Of course, these clothes hadn't soured at all. They had sat in that washer for two full days (and the weather hadn't even been that different), and they smelt great. I stuck them in the dryer (though finishing their drying wasn't going to take long) and laughed about it quite a bit. It's amazing how little about this life I understand.

I know; it probably seems pretty sad that that's the most interesting thing that's happened to me recently. However, that's what grad school seems to do to a person. Anyway, I'm trying take this as a sort of blessing. If I'm as fascinated by this as I truly am (though growing up in a place like Menard, things like laundry have always entertained me--you can ask either the President of the Hangers or the President of the Clothespins), it's not really such a bad thing. My family may have to lock me up someday in an asylum somewhere, but anywhere where there's a laundry, I think I'll be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home