Friday, October 14, 2005

My printer hasn't been working since just before I got to Lubbock. It would pull the paper down only on one side and jam it every time. So, I tried to take it a few places here in Lubbock early in the semester, but I couldn't find a place that would do printer repairs. I'm sure there is such a place, but I couldn't locate it, and then I got too busy. So, it's been sitting in my trunk all semester.

So, when I'm at home last week, my parents say that they'll take it to get it fixed, and if they get a chance to see me later in the semester, they can return it. After all, I've absolutely no time (seriously) in which I can take anywhere. This way, at least, it'll get fixed, and I'll get it back eventually.

So, they take the printer to the local guy in Menard who is the only person in the town who knows anything at all about computers and computer stuff. Since he's been the closest thing to an expert on these things for so long, he's seen it all. So, he asks what the problems are, and Mom tells him about the paper jamming. She also passes on some information that I had warned her about. Right after the printer had stopped working, I had been standing by my printer struggling to fill a mechanical pencil with some pencil lead. After an arduous struggle, the lead flew out of the pencil lead container, into the air, and straight into the printer. I couldn't get it out. So anyway, I wanted Mom to tell the repair guy that when he found a bunch of pencil lead down in the printer, that wasn't the problem. The problem with the printer had started before that stuff got in there. So, Mom told him that.

He took the printer, got to work, and fixed it in fifteen minutes. The problem--a mechanical pencil had fallen in the printer. This was a different pencil from the one giving me all the trouble when the lead fell in there. I didn't know about this pencil in there at all. He did find all of the pencil lead but also this pencil. This couldn't happen to anyone else but me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to your upcoming book, "Living with the Pierce Curse: Confessions." Should be hilarious and entertaining. But with the curse following you, you'll probably only sell 4 copies. Five if you are lucky.

Thanks for giving me my laugh for the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home