Monday, January 31, 2005

I'll never eat guacamole again.

I just read one of the most unenjoyable books I've ever read--The Old Gringo by Carlos Fuentes. One of the (many) things I didn't like was his absurd imagery. One very tiny example of this was this sentence that the guy actually wrote (WARNING--You really don't have to read it.): "Arroyo's testicles were like furry little avocados."

Any writer who will actually pen a sentence that stupid (1) shouldn't be read (you see what these people are making me do), (2) shouldn't be published (in case he's a comedic writer--Fuentes is not), and (3) should probably be castrated.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could have been worse. It could have read, "Arroyo's testicles were like little furry guacamoli."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home