Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Reminder #35: A Long Week

You know that episode of The Office where Jim spends the whole day dropping hints to Dwight to make him think the day was Friday, rather than the actual Thursday, so that Dwight wouldn’t come in the next day. Of course, it works, and Dwight comes racing into work halfway through the next day.

The sad thing is, I’m about as bad as Dwight, and the Jim isn’t here.

Yesterday was Tuesday. I was going to a Tuesday-night basketball game, and I had the normal Tuesday schedule. Nevertheless, I remained convinced all of yesterday that it was Wednesday. At one point, I “corrected” a student who said it was Tuesday.

Things were worst, though, when I started working on the computers. I was installing a new program on all of them, and as I was doing so, I began to notice that several of the computers erroneously said “Tuesday.” I couldn’t imagine how they’d gotten off by a whole day, but since I had already the computers’ protection down and was working on them anyway, I started changing the dates to Tuesday.

I think I was on computer six or so before I realized that it was funny that EVERY computer in the library had gotten off a day. I was outvoted, you know.

They were right.

Reminder #36

Today is Wednesday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Kayla said...

Haha! This reminds me of a day at work when I was trying to fill out a travel expense report. I had added up a bunch of receipts in my head. I decided to check the answer on the calculator. But the answer the calculator gave me was ten cents off. I re-added them in my head and I got the original answer. They weren't big numbers, so I just KNEW I was adding them right. I was convinced the calculator was broken, and I even convinced one of my co-workers that the calculator was broken. Eventually, I realized that I had been doing the math wrong. Note to self: If the calculator comes up with a different answer than you, the calculator's correct.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home